Our UAV Equipment
Our DJI Drone Quadcopter Equipment
We choose DJI equipment including the handheld DJI Osmo handheld camera, because we believe they offer the most advanced aerial photography equipment and camera gimbal system. The DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 Professional can also be set up to fly indoors.
All of our equipment is maintained to the highest standards in accordance with our CAA inspected and approved operating procedures.
Each drone fits in a carrying case or hard shell backpack, so we can reach difficult take off and landing sites. The DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 Professional have the capability to use interchangeable cameras to allow us to produce real NDVI imagery for use in agriculture and thermal imaging.
Our standard UAV drones and handheld cameras film in Ultra-HD 4K video and 12 megapixel still images, using the latest in camera stabilization technology. Our remote control gimbal system delivers smooth fluid shots even in difficult conditions. We can operate using a single pilot or a pilot and camera operator depending on the shoot.
Our DJI pilot remote controllers are connected to either IPad or Android tables which allows us to stream live video footage from the drone to the ground. This permits both the pilot and client to see exactly what is being filmed in real time and this allows us to adjust the camera pan, tilt, framing and drone flight path as we fly to get the best shots.
Drone Photography Services has the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) “Permission for Aerial Work” PFAW which means as a licensed commercial operator of UAV’s (unmanned aerial vehicles) we are governed and regulated by the CAA.
All of our pilots are very experienced and have passed the CAA-approved exams and ﬂight assessments. They all hold the established industry Remote Pilot Qualiﬁcation (RPQ-s) for multi-rotor aircraft under 7kg.
To fly a Small Unmanned Aircraft (‘SUA’) in the UK, either commercially or recreationally, all pilots are required to comply with CAP393: Air Navigation Order unless otherwise approved by the CAA.
The main operational conditions for an SUA are:
- Maintaining a distance of 50m from people and property not in control of the pilot.
- During take off and landing maintain a distance of 30m from people and property not in control of the pilot.
- Permission of the landowner to take off and land.
- Do not fly directly overhead or within a minimum distance of 150m from an open-air assembly of over 1000 people.
- Fly to a maximum height of 400ft above ground level.
- Maintain visual line of sight to a maximum distance of 500m.
- Only fly during daylight hours, so that you can clearly see the SUA and take avoiding action from other air users if required.
- Outside of controlled airspace.
- Restrictions apply to certain areas of Central London and additional permissions to fly in these areas need to be sought from the CAA.
- Restrictions and rules apply to flying near an airport and aerodrome.
Drone Photography Services are fully insured against injury and damage with £5million public liability to fly at altitudes of up to 400 feet.
Drone Photographic Services employ our own in-house editors using the latest professional Adobe Photoshop / Premiere Pro /Speed Grade photo and video editing software. We offer professional editing services including, graphics, colour correction and colour grading services tailored to your requirements.
We can adjust our aerial images and video footage to incorporate soundtracks, music, sound effects, your corporate image or design to deliver film ready for publication. We can advise, install and run any videos or images on your website.
We are used to working on tight deadlines and offer a rapid turnaround from drone filming to finished production.
If you want to edit your own material we shoot raw footage for a third-party production team or PR & Advertising agency for inclusion in a coordinated marketing, media or film production. We store all of our master footage for 3 years, which allows clients to revisit and create extra edits when necessary, without the cost of a reshoot.